Registered Provisional Psychologist
I am a Registered Provisional Psychologist with the College of Alberta Psychologists, as well as a Registered Clinical Psychologist with the Health Professions Council of South Africa. I have worked in various clinical settings such as hospitals, community mental health centres, and private practice. I primarily work with older adolescents, adults and couples.
My therapeutic approach is person-centered and grounded in a psychodynamic framework, acknowledging the importance of early childhood experiences and their impact on clients’ current functioning and relational patterns. I strengthen and individualize my approach by utilizing a variety of evidence-based therapies including, cognitive behavioral therapy (CBT), emotionally focused therapy (EFT), and Eye Movement Desensitization and Reprocessing Therapy (EMDR).
I believe that true healing and growth can only take place in an environment that provides safety, authenticity, and unconditional acceptance and support. For this reason, I ensure that clients’ counselling experiences are personalized to meet their needs and foster growth and resiliency. Through a collaborative process, I help my clients to take ownership of, and express their emotions, develop a greater understanding of the dynamics that inform their behaviour, thoughts and emotions.
Areas of interest:
- Grief and Loss
- Life Transitions
- Personality Disorders
- Relationship and Marriage Struggles
- Stress and Burnout
Qualifications and Training:
- Master of Arts in Clinical Psychology from the University of the Free State, South Africa
- Eye Movement Desensitization Reprocessing Therapy (EMDR) Basic Training
- Cognitive Behavioral Therapy for Depression and Anxiety through the Beck Institute
- Emotionally Focused Therapy (EFT) Externship
- Gottman Seven Principles for Making Marriage Work Leader Training