What Is It?
We strongly believe that assessments are helpful in identifying individuals strengths and weaknesses and provides valid information about intellectual or cognitive abilities, and educational achievement levels. Psychological assessments consist of a thorough evaluation of cognitive function, differential diagnosis, and the provision of recommendations for the purpose of treatment planning.
Family Counselling Centres provides the following types of assessments.
- Psycho-educational (cognitive ability giftedness, delays, strengths, weaknesses, achievement levels, disabilities)
- Autism Spectrum Disorders
- Emotional and Behavioral (depression, anxiety, conduct concerns, ADHD)
- Cognitive Function (Intelligence testing)
- Parenting (Unilateral, Bilateral, Voice of the Child
- Forensic (violent crimes, non-violent crimes, civil litigation, family court proceedings)
- Fitness to work / Return to work
- Guardianship / Trusteeship / Personal Directives
What To Expect
- Administration of Assessments: Up to 5 hours of the administering psychologist’s time is booked to complete the assessment.
- Scoring: Family Counselling Centres’s hand scores assessments with precision by a registered or provisionally registered psychologist.
- The Report: A succinct summary of the most relevant background and assessment information along with a clearly stated diagnostic impression, if relevant. The report will also include specific instructional recommendations and educationally relevant suggestions.
- Additional Recommendations: Family Counselling Centres provides additional recommendations for accommodations and strategies at your request. This service is part of our philosophy, which motivates us to be helpful, thorough and highly effective service providers